If you’re like the majority of homeowners you do not give too much thought to the parts of a refrigerator unless it shuts down, or it is time to buy a new model. To guarantee you get the most use possible from this kitchen appliance it can be extremely nice to understand exactly how it keeps your food and drinks cool—and QuickFix Sioux City Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read below to learn what you will want to know about how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the right time to call refrigerator repair Sioux City.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many homes that do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a must-have household appliance for a lot of years. A residential refrigerator stores food at the optimal temperature, in order to prevent spoilage and limit bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by transferring the warmth from the interior of the appliance to the exterior, relying on the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The main parts of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call QuickFix Sioux City Appliance Repair:
The compressor is a combo of a pump and motor, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. You should hire a professional company if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is found on the back outside panel of the refrigerator and is there to disperse the heat absorbed inside the refrigerator then out in the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is stored on the inside of the refrigerator where it absorbs warmth contained inside of it, effectively reducing the interior temperature.
Right when an evaporator isn’t working, it’s time to call a professional. You should not wait until it is too late.
Liquid refrigerant is transported through a capillary tube that acts as an expansion device as it cools the gas, transforming the gas into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat regulates the temperature throughout a refrigerator, starting the cooling period as required.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in Sioux City for service right when an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator is above the set point sensors alert the compressor to start, and then the cool down begins. The refrigerator draws in the cold liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses it, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The compressor unit pushes the hot gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the outside of the unit, at which point it comes in contact with the lower air temperature in the kitchen and reverts back to a liquified form.
3. The cool liquid then continues its trip towards the evaporator component, traveling through the coils within the appliance and freezer.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the heated air from within the refrigerator, thereby lowering the temperature back to the correct set point.
5. The coolant evaporates, and will return back into a gas, and returns to the compressor unit so it can continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in many applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By removing heat from one location and then relocating it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration helps cooling your house, provides a perfect environment for perishable food, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of many different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need service? Time to schedule repair with QuickFix Sioux City Appliance Repair.
QuickFix Sioux City Appliance Repair is able to service all major brands of refrigerators – including restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our licensed service technicians in Sioux City undergo training to troubleshoot and repair issues with cooling, ice makers, condensation, puddles of water and leaks, bulbs, digital panels, smart controls and numerous other issues. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working